April 22-27 2012
$700.00, Limited to 8 Students
The Smokey Mountains come alive during the spring. This is the time that the dogwoods come into bloom and the streams run fast from spring rains and winter run off. This is the time that early morning mist looks like early morning mist can give you some dramatic images. Our field time will be spent on composition and proper use of light. We will spend sometime processing Raw images using Photoshop and Nik Software to help you with your processing skills. A training video is included that you will be able reference when you are processing images at home. Our goal is to teach you how to capture beautiful images and explore how to create the images that continue to inspire.
• Learn tips and tricks used by the professionals to create impressive photographs.
• Discover new viewpoints, interesting details which might be overlooked, see the
• Learn to sense the direction of light and how to capture the magic moment.
• Improve your photographic technique.
• Learn your camera and how to get the most out of it.
• Have fun!
Day One: 5pm get together in Townsend to go over equipment and if time allows Photograph at sunset.
Day Two– Five: Photograph at sunrise in the Smokies and when the light is right.
Day six: Photograph Sunrise and go over final thoughts before saying goodbye.